Friday, May 13, 2011

Two Weeks

Wednesday, May 11, 2011
5:37 PM in Kolonia, 11:37 PM at home


Two weeks.

Fourteen days.

Barely more than a fortnight.

I'm not ready to leave.  But I'm doing what I can to finish my courses, write finals, enter grades, begin packing, and writing goodbye letters to my students.

I still have a hard time comprehending the amount of time I have left in this wonderful place.  I know time goes by quickly; I still have a hard time imagining how college went by in four years.  This year has been even crazier.  I think part of it flew by because of this endless summer I'm in here - there are no seasons to judge the passing of time with.  The weather is exactly the same as it was when I first got here, and it can very easily seem like that was just yesterday.

It's hard to imagine all that has been accomplished in the last year.  From taking a huge leap outside of my comfort zone, traveling a third of the way around the world, learning to survive and adapt in a new culture, learning to survive and adapt in my own classroom, building relationships with incredible people, making memory after memory... the list could go on and on.

I have so much more to share.  So much more I could say.  I haven't posted much recently.  There's been so much going on, I haven't really had time to sit down and put it into words.  Some things may take a while to express.  Some things I don't even want to try to express.   So with all the festivities, finals, graduations, and goodbyes going on, I'm just trying to absorb as much as I can and hope I don't wake up to find it was all a dream.

1 comment:

  1. It's not a dream. But you may wish the temps in your non-dream are still there. :) Raining and 55F (which is perfect running weather) in Olympia this evening.

    We got your letter today - Dad says don't think too hard about the now-distant relationships. :)

    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete