Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Last of October

Tuesday, October 26, 2010
8:59 PM in Kolonia, 2:58 AM at home


Two things worth blogging about today: the U.S. Coast Guard and good friends.

We got to go see the USCGC RUSH this afternoon after school. We snuck in on the last tour, and it was awesome. The most exciting part was to see Old Glory flying at the bow. I hadn’t realized how much I missed seeing those colors… It was kinda surreal to be standing on something that was entirely American. Somehow, home felt just a little bit closer this afternoon.

Second great moment of the day: I ate haystack tonight for the first time in who knows how long. Only thing missing was cheese. But it was beautiful. We decided that we wanted to have haystacks for Bible study tonight (common’, the food is practically holy itself by Adventist standards) and let’s just say spiritual food wasn’t the only blessing I got out of it.

Swimming with some of my girls at the HS picnic at Nalhap

Nihco Marine Park

No comments:

Post a Comment